SF State has a site license for Mathematica. Under this site license, Mathematica can be installed without further cost on any computer owned by San Francisco State University, by SF State faculty, or by SF State students. This software works on Windows, Macintosh, and Unix.
Under the terms of the site license negotiated by CSU, free WolframAlpha Pro accounts are also now available to our faculty, students, and staff.
If you are an SFSU student, click here for a free WolframAlpha Pro account.
If you are a SFSU student and you want to download the Mathematica software to your computers, then follow the instructions below:
- Create an account (New users only):
- Go to user.wolfram.com and click “Create Account”
- Fill out form using a @sfsu.edu email, and click “Create Wolfram ID”
- Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
- Request the download and key:
- Fill out this form to request an Activation Key
- Click the “Product Summary page” link to access your license
- Click “Get Downloads” and select “Download” next to your platform
- Run the installer on your machine, and enter Activation Key at prompt
For both Mathematica and WolframAlpha Pro requests on the links above, it is important that only sfsu.edu email addresses be used. Requests from other email addresses will be rejected.